The National Weather Service has issued a Wind Chill Advisory until 1:00 pm. The temperature is predicted to only reach 26-degrees today, making the roadways icy and difficult to travel. Emergency Management has asked everyone to stay off of the roadways unless it is necessary. The roads are slick and covered with ice and snow. GDOT has been treating the roads to help decrease some icy impact, but is also advising travelers to stay home. If you know of any areas that are bad, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Some areas that have reported icing are:
- Lombardy Way (Reported Closed)
- Kingston Highway
- Wax Road
- Highway 53
- Veteran’s Memorial Highway between Redmond Road and Martha Berry Highway
- Sherwood Forrest
- Wilshire Road
- Division Street
Weather Advisory from The National Weather Service:
- LIGHT SNOW ENDING BY THIS AFTERNOON.
- EXTREMELY HAZARDOUS DRIVING CONDITIONS EXPECTED TODAY AND TONIGHT.
- Most areas of north and west Georgia received up to an inch of snow Tuesday afternoon and overnight. While many roads initially remained wet, the bitterly cold temperatures and continued light snow have caused most roadways north of a LaGrange to McDonough to Commerce line to freeze. Another 1/2 to 1 inch of additional snow this morning will cause roads in these areas to remain or become extremely slick and hazardous. Further south and east, roads could also become slick and hazardous. Temperatures will remainwell below freezing all day and through tonight.
- Travel today and tonight is not advised. If you must travel, please exercise extreme caution. Slow down and allow extra time toreach your destination.
A list of Closings and Delays can be found here.