Often times, when sending care packages to our soldiers overseas, we forget about Military Working Dogs (MWD) and their needs. They work every day with their handlers in sometimes difficult war zones on search and rescue missions, explosive detection, and general tracking.
But, you can help make them feel loved by sending these K-9’s a care package through a 501(c)3 focused specifically on K-9 military members The United States War Dog Association, Inc.
There are a few ways to donate.
- Visit their website here for a full list of approved donations (and below for a brief list)
- Make a financial contribution by donating here.
Some of the needed items include:
- K-9 Cooling Mats
- K-9 toothpaste and toothbrushes
- Collapsible water bowls for dogs (nylon)
- K-9 Cooling vests
- Dog shampoo
- K-9 Nail Clippers, Brushes or Combs
- Kongs and other heavy duty chew toys
- Dog treets *made in the USA*
K-9 handlers also need supplies. You can see a complete list of items that can be sent in care packages here.