***Please note that if your school system is listed, but has no information beside it, you will stay on a NORMAL schedule. Again, if your school has no information after the name, there have been NO changes reported.***
We will update this list as information is released. If you hear of any closings, delays, or early dismissals, please email: email@example.com. These are all the closings, delays, and early dismissals at this time.
- Floyd County Schools: Due to the threat of inclement weather for Tuesday, January 16, 2018, #FloydCoSchools will release 3 hours early and have cancelled all afternoon and evening activities. If you plan to pick your student(s) up today, please note your school’s regular dismissal time minus 3 hours.
Note: There is no call yet about Wednesday.
Stay warm and stay safe!
- Rome City Schools: The National Weather Service is forecasting inclement weather to begin this afternoon. Due to this forecast, Rome City Schools will do an early release today. To allow time for all students to get home safely, dismissal will begin for elementary schools at 11:30 AM and for RMS, RHS, PLC, RTA and Greenwood at 12:00 Noon.
- St. Mary’s School: Early release at 12:15 pm and no after school care today.
- Unity Christian School: Unity will dismiss today (1/16) at noon, due to the threat of inclement weather this afternoon. All after school activities have been cancelled.
- Berry Elementary and Middle School: Due to the threat of inclement weather, Berry College Elementary & Middle School will release students early today. Car riders may be picked up at 11:30am. Bus riders will board at 11:45am for pick up at the Cage Center at 12:00pm.
- Excel: No update
- Darlington: Due to the threat of inclement weather for this afternoon, all scheduled athletic events and activities have been canceled and will be rescheduled as soon as possible.
- Montessori School: We are monitoring the weather and may cancel After School Care. We will decide at lunch and send text and email. Families have been notified to be aware they need to have alternate arrangements available. Have a safe and wonderful day!
- Walker County Schools: Closed
- Chattooga County Schools: Closed
- Trion City Schools: Trion City Schools will be open at the normal time on Tuesday, January 16th. Due to the threat of inclement weather beginning Tuesday afternoon, Trion City Schools will have an early release with PreK-Grades 5 releasing at 11am, and Middle/High School releasing at 11:30am. All after school events are cancelled including the ASP (After School Program).Trion City Schools will continue to monitor the weather and will make a determination regarding Wednesday’s schedule at a later time. Thank you for your continued support.
- Gordon County Schools: At this time, Gordon County Schools plans to operate on an early release schedule Tuesday, January 16, with elementary schools dismissing at 11 a.m., and middle/high schools releasing at noon.
- Calhoun City Schools: Due to the threat of inclement weather for Tuesday, January 16, 2018, Calhoun City Schools will release early with Calhoun PreK, Primary and Elementary Schools dismissal at 11:00 a.m. and the Middle / High School Campus at 11:30 a.m. The after-school KEEP Program and all evening activities are cancelled.
- Polk County Schools: Polk County Schools will dismiss early today. Elementary Schools will dismiss at 11:30 am. Middle Schools will dismiss at 11:45 am. High School will dismiss at 12:00 pm.
- Bartow County Schools: Bartow County Schools will dismiss early today due to potentially inclement weather. Elementary schools will be released at 11:30 am, middle and high schools will be released at 12:30 pm.
- Cartersville City Schools: Pre-K and CPS will dismiss at 11:30 a.m. while CES, CMS and CHS will dismiss at 12:30 p.m.
- Georgia Northwestern Technical School: GNTC will close all campuses at 12 p.m. on Tuesday, January 16. All classes and activities after 12 p.m. are canceled.
- Georgia Highlands College: Due to the threat of inclement weather for Tuesday (JAN 16th), GHC Floyd Campus and Heritage Hall will close at noon. The Cartersville site will close at 2PM. GHC will continue to monitor weather for other locations. Please check highlands.edu for updates.
- Shorter University:
- Berry College:
Coosa Valley Credit Union: Due to expected weather conditions, all Coosa Valley Credit Union locations will close at 3:30 pm today, January 16.