All On Georgia-Floyd will update any closings as they are announced. If you hear of any closings, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Floyd County Schools: Due to expected ice and unsafe road conditions, Floyd County Schools will be closed tomorrow for all students, faculty, and staff. Also, we will make this day up on our inclement weather make up day- Monday, February 19th.
- Rome City Schools: Rome City Schools will be closed Monday, January 8 because of the high probability of icy conditions in the morning. As always, the safety of our students, faculty and staff is our first priority.
- Unity Christian School: Unity Christian School will be closed Monday January 8, 2018.
- Gordon County Schools: Following a weather briefing that was held at 7 p.m. this evening indicating deteriorating weather conditions overnight and into the morning, Gordon County Schools will cancel school for Monday, January 8. The Board of Education meeting scheduled for 6:30 p.m. will be held as scheduled.
- Darlington School: Darlington School will be closed Jan. 8 due to the potential for inclement weather and hazardous driving conditions. Please stay safe!
- Montessori School of Rome: Closed today due to potential icing.
- Georgia Northwestern Technical College: Due to hazardous driving conditions expected as a result of severe weather in the forecast, ALL CAMPUSES of GNTC will NOT open until 12 noon tomorrow. (Monday, January 8.) Any classes usually held on any GNTC campus which begin before 12 noon will NOT take place tomorrow. Please stay tuned for any changes. Stay warm and enjoy your night!
- Shorter University: All campuses closed. All classes and all activities canceled for Monday, 1/8/18, due to expected inclement weather.
- From Governor Deal: Gov. Nathan Deal today announced non-essential state offices will remain closed on Monday, January 8, due to a National Weather Service Winter Weather Advisory. The entire statement from Governor Deal can be read here.
- Bartow County Schools: Due to the threat of inclement weather, school will be closed Monday, January 8, 2018. 231 staff should report.
- Cartersville City Schools: Due to the possibility of unsafe road conditions, Cartersville City Schools will be closed tomorrow. All 230 and 240 day employees are to report at 9 am or when possible. Also, we will make this day up on our previously scheduled inclement weather day, Tuesday, Feb. 20.
- Walker County Schools: Walker County Schools will be closed on Monday January 8, 2018.
- Harbin Clinic: Harbin Clinic will delay opening until 11:00am for all offices.
- Georgia Highlands College: In an abundance of caution, all GHC locations will be CLOSED tomorrow, Monday, January 8th due to predicted weather conditions across the region. Check highlands.edu for updates.
- River City Bank: Delayed opening and will open at 11:00 am
- Greater Community Bank: Delayed opening and will open at 11:00 am
- Heritage First Bank: Delayed opening and will open at 11:00 am
- United Community Bank: Delayed opening and will open at 11:00 am
- Floyd County Government: Floyd County Administrative & Judicial offices will delay opening on Monday, January 8th, 2018, until 1:00pm due to the winter weather advisory. Floyd County Public Works and other 24 hour departments will report per their supervisor.
For more information, contact the Floyd County Clerk’s Office.
- Saint Mary’s School: Saint Mary’s School will be closed tomorrow, Monday January 8, 2018.
- Berry Elementary and Middle School: Berry Elementary and Middle Schools will be closed Monday January 8, 2018.
- Trion City Schools: Due to the potential for Icy Inclement Weather conditions, Trion City Schools will be Closed for students Jan. 8th, 2018. Staff members should report at 10:00 AM.
- First Baptist Preschool: First Baptist Preschool will be closed Monday January 8, 2018.
- Polk County Schools: Polk School District, to ensure the safety of students and employees, they will be canceling school for students, and employees will report at 11:00 a.m. The release also stated that any school system employee who can’t make it to work safely will need to call their principal or supervisor. A scheduled teacher workday on Friday, March 16 will now serve as a makeup day for students.
- Rome-Floyd County Library: Rome-Floyd County Library will delay opening until 1:00pm.
Message from GDOT: A reminder of the Winter Weather Advisory issued by US National Weather Service Peachtree City Georgia. Precipitation is expected to begin in the overnight hours. We’re urging motorists to avoid travel as this system is expected to create hazardous road conditions.